Website LIDE Biotech
VP, Business Development & Biology
Preclinical CRO – Oncology
Salary: Competitive Base + Commission
- Job type: Permanent
- Discipline: Biological Sciences, Laboratory Research Scientist
- Location: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US (Greater Philadelphia Area)
LIDE Biotech: LIDE is a Shanghai-based, AALAC award-winning oncology contract research provider (CRO) with 12 years of delivering drug evaluation services to 200+ clients worldwide. Our unique bedside-to-bench translational platform increases likelihood of success in drug R&D. LIDE is expanding service capabilities into the US market and is looking for an experienced scientist interested in joining a growing global team while collaborating with expert scientists in China.
- Responsible for consulting new clients, matching LIDE capabilities to desired client outcomes. Recommend study plans and finalize study quotes, nurturing leads into closed deals.
- Track new and existing projects, liaising with LIDE’s scientific teams in Shanghai, to facilitate optimal study progress and delivery, ensuring a good client experience throughout. Help resolve customer issues as they arise.
- Act as key contact providing scientific input and consultation to all non-China clients
- Represent LIDE at trade shows and other industry events and meetings to promote LIDE services.
- Participates in the development of marketing plans and sales plans to achieve corporate objectives and sales goals
- This role will require experience and a deep understanding of the preclinical oncology marketplace and scientific trends to help build LIDE’s reputation and brand outside of China. Existing connections and affiliations with leading organizations will be essential for success.
- Responsible territories will include North America, Europe and potentially Asia outside of China, working closely with the Global BD team based in the US, which directly reports to the CEO.
- Keep Global BD team informed by updating activity and reports through CRM system on a daily basis
- Gathers current marketplace information to identify new opportunities with new clients, partnerships, and monitor competition
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by self-directed research, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
Skills and Requirements:
- Masters or PhD and a minimum of six years of sales/lab experience in pharmaceutical development
- Expert knowledge of oncology in vitro and in vivo pharmacology models, small and large molecule development, and PK and PD endpoints in oncology drug development
- Frequent travel within assigned territory will be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Ability to speak/write Chinese is a nice benefit but not a requirement)
- Technical acumen in drug development services
- Proven track record in sales
- Effective territory management
- Excellent prospecting, negotiation, and closing skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to design, execute experiments and troubleshoot independently.
- Qualified candidates should have strong practical knowledge of cell biology and passionate about the science
- Strong communication skills (Ability to speak/write Chinese is a nice benefit but not a requirement)
- Active U.S. Passport which could be used for international travel
- Ph.D. in Molecular/Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of postdoctoral or industry working experience; MS preferably with 5+ years of industry drug discovery, CRO, and oncology experience.
Please submit your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you saw this JD on the SAPA website.