Working with Us
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Description: In support of Commercialization Strategy, the Associate Director of Analytics Engineering team provides technical expertise to develop, deploy, and maintain data science and machine learning related pipelines, solutions, and products.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Member of a hands-on team of data engineers and machine learning engineers.
- Work cross functionally with analytics and business stakeholders to rapidly pilot and deploy a wide variety of data science and machine learning solutions.
- Hands-on design, deployment, and maintenance of pipelines for data science related products and machine learning solutions, ensuring reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Develop a close working relationship with data science teams to facilitate and implement best practices relating to machine learning engineering, data engineering, and MLOps.
- Lead the development and maintenance of cutting-edge tools and frameworks empowering data scientists to work efficiently and effectively.
- Partner with the Director of Analytics engineering to monitor the rapidly evolving data science and engineering landscape providing strategic view on novel capabilities that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our team in support of continuous BIA evolution and business performance.
- Be able to translate the complexity of the pipelines, models and solutions at an appropriate level needed for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Build, deploy, and maintain data science related applications made in frameworks like Dash, Streamlit and R Shiny.
- Apply NLP techniques and understand how they can be leveraged to solve business problems.
- Lead large projects independently and provide strategic view on solutions (For Associate Director level)
- Engage with cross functional stakeholders to deliver on projects (For Associate Director level)
- BA/BS required (quantitative area of study preferred).
- MBA/other graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and relevant advanced degrees contribute to required years of experience preferred for Sr Manager
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and relevant advanced degrees contribute to required years of experience preferred for Associate Director Level
- Proficiency in Python/R, SQL, Tableau and MS Office Suite.
- Hands on experience with designing and deploying machine learning models using Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with MLOps.
- Proven experience in leading large, complex projects with multi-function team members.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills. Proven ability to explain complex analyses and outcomes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Career Site.
Benefit offerings are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect and may include the following: Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing support such as the BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP). Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental health insurance, business travel protection and survivor support. Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays, Global Shutdown days between Christmas and New Year’s holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sick time off, and summer hours flexibility. Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption and surrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks like tuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Please apply this position with this link: Sr Manager or Associate Director, Analytics Engineering in Princeton, New Jersey | Bristol Myers Squibb Careers (bms.com)