Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Description: In support of Commercialization Strategy, the Sr. Manager / Associate Director of Commercialization Data Science & AI Predictive Solutions organization partners with Commercialization leadership and BIA Business Partners to pioneer new machine learning solutions, improved ways of applying data science to drive value, sophisticated solution designs and cutting-edge modeling capabilities relating to Commercialization portfolio in US and Major Markets, to drive competitive advantage and analytically informed decision making
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Hands-on data scientist or machine learning engineer that will be expected to ideate, design, develop, model and deploy advanced solutions
- Hands-on use of cutting-edge analytics and machine learning to pioneer new solutions or improved ways of doing existing solutions to drive improved value capture
- Build and own predictive machine learning based solutions for Commercialization to enable better understanding, experience and engagement of our patients and HCPs
- Employs disruptive thinking to improve value to the business and our global customers through deepened market understanding, streamlined business engagement and practically applied, data driven analytics
- Use a sound mix of market knowledge, brand strategy and knowledge of advanced data science capabilities to identify, build and enhance the analytical solutions for value capture
- Be able to work cross functionally with analytics and business stakeholders to rapidly pilot and deploy a wide variety of solutions
- Be able to translate the complexity of the models in business language to make the insights understood better and drive the use of these models further
- Partners with broader Commercialization Data Science & AI Predictive Solutions organization to provide guidance on how advanced analytics and machine learning can be leveraged to solve ad-hoc non-commercialization needs
- Partners with broader Commercialization Data Science & AI Predictive Solutions organization to monitor the external, Commercialization Analytics landscape, identifying and applying new capabilities in support of continuous BIA evolution and business performance
- Be able to apply NLP techniques and understand how they can be leveraged to solve business problems
- BA/BS required (quantitative area of study preferred)
- MBA/other graduate degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of hands on data science experience for Sr. Manager
- A minimum of 5 years of hands on data science experience for Associate Director
- Hands on experience with designing and deploying machine learning models using Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc is preferred
- Experience with Git is preferred
- Experience with cloud based environments (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with MLOps
- Proficiency in Python/R, SQL, Tableau and MS Office Suite
- Excellent communications and presentation skills. Proven ability to explain complex analyses and outcomes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Please apply for this position using this link directly: Sr. Manager / Associate Director – Commercialization Data Science & AI Predictive Solutions in Princeton, New Jersey | Bristol Myers Squibb Careers (bms.com)