Website Eternity Bioscience, Inc.
Eternity Bioscience, Inc. (EBI) is the R&D center founded in 2009 by Hengrui Medicine as its subsidiary in Cranbury, New Jersey. EBI research is focusing on the discovery of innovative therapeutics for oncology, immunology, and other diseases. By coupling the biological insights determined from the targets selection with structure-guided small molecule design, EBI scientist rapidly advance the small molecule leads to clinical drug candidates. Hengrui Medicine ranks as one of the top 30 Pharmaceutical companies worldwide and employs more than 21,000 employees with currently close to 70-billion-dollars market value. Over 3200 research scientists work in ten research centers around the globe. As Hengrui’s New Jersey R&D center, EBI’s mission is to deliver innovative first-in-class and/or best-in-class drug candidates for unmet medical needs.
Senior Research Investigator – Medicinal Chemist (PhD)
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Reports to (Title): Director / Sr. Director
Department: R&D – Chemistry
Job Summary: The company is seeking a well-qualified candidate at the PhD level to join its medicinal chemistry team in drug discovery research. The successful candidate will be proficient in working independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary project team and have the capacity to quickly adapt to project priority changes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Efficiently execute the synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecules.
- Develop and execute clear synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Design target molecules to develop SAR leading to drug-like molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties.
- Collaboratively support the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify pre-clinical candidates.
- Collaborate with structure-based design groups to impact rational design of molecules.
- Generate novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
- Contribute to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Prepare reports and deliver internal presentations in a timely manner.
- Present data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Draft, execute and serve as co-author on external scientific research presentations and publications in peer reviewed journals.
- A PhD degree in synthetic, organic, medicinal or related chemistry degree.
- Strong track record of achievement in organic synthesis, demonstrating deep knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms is required, exemplified by experience in methodology development, studies aimed at the total synthesis of natural products or other complex compounds, or drug candidates in a medicinal chemistry campaign.
- Extensive hands-on experience in synthesis, purification and analytical characterization including HPLC, MS, NMR, Combiflash, etc. is required.
- Proficient in mining scientific literature using SciFinder, Reaxys, etc.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions, including peer reviewed publications, patents and presentations is preferred.
- Experience with advanced cheminformatics tools is preferred.
- Experience with computational chemistry methods is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability