Website AnHeart Therapeutics
Department: US Medical Affairs
Job Title: Senior Medical Director
Report to: VP, Head of Medical Affairs
Work location: US Remote
- Partners across internal stakeholders in Medical Affairs and R&D in the development of the assigned compound overall medical strategy, clinical development plan, evidence generation strategy, and KOL engagement strategy.
- Acts as the strategic and tactical lead for assigned compound in US Medical Affairs. Coordinates across all Medical Affairs, R&D, and commercial functions by developing and maintaining molecule-specific budgets and strategic plans.
- Collaborates and drives assigned compound tactical planning. Manages execution of key US Medical Affairs activities for assigned compounds such as publication development, insight generation initiatives, medical communications, evidence generation, training, and expanded access.
- Develops into a subject matter expert in neuro and thoracic oncology with an emphasis on precision medicine. Rapidly assimilates new information into existing disease states and market-specific contexts.
- Develops and manages strategic relationships with neuro and thoracic oncology Thought Leaders. Interacts and facilitates relationships with external societies, advocacy groups, and alliance partner engagements.
- Leads US Medical Affairs-specific neuro-oncology clinical research studies including phase 4, registries, IST, collaborative trials, meta-analyses, and retrospective studies. Provides scientific expertise on study design, rationale, and alignment to strategy for clinical studies.
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a medical or science-related specialty, although significant experience in the medical field may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- At least 6 years of healthcare or related experience (clinical practice, research, academic, or other) following award of said degree, preferably including 4 years of research/ pharmaceutical industry experience (R&D, medical affairs and/or commercial functions).
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and the capability to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates, superiors, and external stakeholders.
- Strong scientific acumen is required to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs personnel, Research and Development personnel, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development. Demonstrated understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of matrix teamwork, leading cross-functional teams, timely decision-making, prioritization, and results-oriented mindset in successfully achieving objectives.
- 25-40 % domestic and international travel is required to attend key internal and external professional meetings.
Please submit your resume and CV to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com and mention that you saw this JD on the SAPA website.