GemPharmatech is a global company providing high-quality products and model systems for preclinical discovery, testing, and development of new drugs and therapeutic solutions. It serves the biotechnology and biomedical community, pharmaceutical industry as well as academic and government research institutions. GemPharmatech is the best one-stop service center for production, distribution, phenotyping and contract research of genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs) for partners across the world. With advance gene editing technology, GemPharmatech has created a large collection of over 17,000 GEMMs for therapeutic applications such as tumor therapies, metabolic diseases, cardiovascular disease, pharmacology studies and others. GemPharmatech is currently operating in multiple locations in North American and Asian Pacific regions including the United States, China and Korea. GemPharmatech LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Scientist, R&D Support
We are seeking a motivated R&D support scientist to join our team in the US. The qualified candidate will leverage his/her scientific wisdom and hands-on experience with the support from our parent company’s R&D team and the US BD/Sales team to provide customized solutions to support client needs. You will play a high impact role in shaping GemPharmatech’s R&D support both externally and internally in the next few years. You will be part of an international team. You will have the flexibility to work remotely or at one of our office locations.
- Conduct scientific research and analysis, provide technical support to customer-facing teams, and facilitate internal and external communications, with the end goal of serving the customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests in writing and via video conference.
- Assist the CEO and Director of Science and Technology in exploring new R&D directions.
- Be able to work in a cross-functional and cross-cultural team environment and promote productive interacts among team members.
- Understand and advocate for genetically engineered mouse models and their value to biomedical research.
- Present products and services to potential customers with scientific rigor and business wisdom.
- Represent GemPharmatech reliably to its core value.
Minimum requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Degree in life sciences, medicine or related discipline. PhD in immunology or medical degree in oncology or equivalent is preferred. Experience with molecular genetics, genetically engineered mice, immuno-oncology, immunotherapy, biotech and pharma industry is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in laboratory research using mouse models in life sciences.
- Highly effective at overcoming obstacles with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting (product and service) presentations with scientific rigor and business wisdom.
- Excellent scientific writing and analytical skills.
- Fluent user of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as the minimum.
- Be able to travel in the US and internationally with expected travel time of 10% or more.
- Multilingual is preferred.