Department: Formulation Development
Reporting To: Senior Scientist
What We Do
BioDuro-Sundia is one of the premier Contract Research, Development, and Manufacturing Organizations (CRDMO) globally, with more than 2,200 employees. Our US operations are US headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our 10 facilities provide integrated solutions and exceptional services to our clientele for challenging preclinical and clinical trial projects. With capabilities spanning Drug Discovery, Development, and Manufacturing, it is no surprise that BioDuro-Sundia is a leading partner of choice.
Take the next step in your career and join BioDuro-Sundia today to change lives through the products we help create. Here, you will contribute your talents to meaningful projects that impact the lives of patients around the world and develop as an individual by working directly with a team of seasoned experts and rising stars. Our values of Accountability, Respect, Tenacity, Results, and Integrity are embedded in everything we do. No matter what your role may be, BioDuro-Sundia strives to ensure all our employees are empowered and given the necessary tools to lead us in our relentless pursuit of success.
The Scientist, Formulation Development, assists in the design and development of drug delivery systems and dosage forms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Understands and independently performs hands-on experimental design formulation development on solid oral dosage forms such as spray drying, hot melt extrusion, dilution blending, dry granulating, and encapsulating or tableting of formulations with little to no supervision
- Understands protocols and SOPs
- Understand operational mechanisms of equipment
- Cross-train on other methods and tasks
- Reviews compile and documents data and results and compare them to acceptance criteria, SOP requirements, methodologies, product specifications, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of scientific reports, experimental protocols
- Complies with BioDuro SOP and cGMP practices in documentation and equipment operation
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior scientists
- Understanding the functionality and chemistry of excipients and drug substances
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Manages personal and interpersonal stress, if required
- Good math and chemistry skills
- Has the discipline to stay focused and complete specific tasks
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good troubleshooting and interpretation skills
- Strictly follows the company policy on client confidentiality
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related scientific discipline with 1+ years of experience, MS with 3+ years of experience, or BS with 5+ years of experience
- Minimum 1 year of relevant lab experience
- Previous pharmaceutical experience and knowledge of solid-state chemistry or analytical chemistry is a plus
- Knowledge of cGMP, compendia, and ICH guidelines
- Understanding of formulation instruments
BioDuro-Sundia employment provides the opportunity to work in beautiful San Diego, California only 5 minutes from the nearest beach. We offer full health benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, an aggressive bonus structure, and market-competitive salaries to all our employees. In addition, BioDuro-Sundia provides employees with a variety of engaging employee and community outreach events. We strive to reward and promote employees who exhibit our values of Accountability, Respect, Tenacity, Results and Integrity.
EOE and Accommodation
We value diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. BioDuro-Sundia provides reasonable accommodation in job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need accommodation in connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, you may use the alternative methods by emailing humanresources@BioDuro-Sundia.com. If you are selected to interview for a position, you may also request an accommodation with our team directly.