Website GenScript Biotech Corporation
GenScript Biotech Corporation (Stock Code: 1548.HK) is a global biotechnology group. Founded in 2002, GenScript has an established global presence across North America, Europe, the Greater China, and Asia Pacific. GenScript’s businesses encompass four major categories based on its leading gene synthesis technology, including operation as a Life Science CRO, enzyme and synthetic biology products, biologics development and manufacturing, and cell therapy.
GenScript is committed to striving towards its vision of being the most reliable biotech company in the world to make humans and nature healthier through biotechnology.
· GenScript Career page link: GENSCRIPT USA INCORPORATED – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
· If you are interested in Join GenScript China site, please click this link: 人才招聘 (genscript.com.cn)
Sales Account Manager, Discovery Services
Work Location: Remote based – East, Core, West
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
Reports to: Regional BD Head
Direct Reports (#/level): N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
The role of Sales Manager is to drive and support sales efforts in a given territory by implementing the sales/marketing strategies for GenScript ProBio’s world-class discovery services that are both extensive in breath of offerings, and state-of-the-art in their latest technologies. The Sales Manager will use their knowledge of science and the business including corporate contacts to develop and deliver profitable initiatives and build sales.
- Conduct and coordinate opportunity assessment, financial justification, due diligence, transaction design, contract negotiation, and completion of the discovery deals covering both antibodies and cell & gene therapies
- Create and execute programs for new prospective clients to increase awareness of GenScript’s service offerings and provide key differentiators from our competition
- Serve clients with a consultative mindset with good scientific knowledge to garner
and uphold trust from them to win deals
- Provide insights to the scientific requirements for the transaction process and work in close collaboration with internal GenScript stakeholders to help prepare project designs and proposals
- Understand customer’s research application and match GenScript services and products to align with the customer’s research project requirements
- Remain current on customers’ news, pipeline development, and funding status, as well as industry news, trends, regulatory guidelines, and key technology to be ableto serve as consultants to customers.
- Stay current on all GenScript’s internal trainings on discovery services and technologies, and provide mentorship and coaching to new team members as needed
- Work with Head of Discovery Sales (HDS) to develop and implement territory sales strategies and tactics for products/services, new markets and new applications
- Work together with the HDS and technical account managers (TAM) to ensure all possible actions have been taken to secure business in a competitive environment
- Responsible to understand the customer’s research application and match GenScript services and products to align with the customer’s research project requirements
- Share market knowledge with HDS, Sales, TAM and Marketing teams, driving business expansion with them
- Build and expand a business reference network to help grow and develop new
- Master’s degree or above in scientific disciplines preferably in life sciences; or Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of lab experiences or working at a preclinical or discovery CRO
- Relevant sales experience required (2-5 years) and a high level of technical and professional expertise
- Good knowledge of biopharmaceutical discovery and CRO market as well as biotech industry.
- Ability to work in international and multicultural environments
- Ability of work in a fast paced and challenging environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proven track records to meet and surpass goals
- Ability to accurately forecast sales within territory on a weekly basis
- Team player. Strong analytical and time management skills.
GenScript USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.