Job Title: Research Scientist, Antibody Development and Production
Protheragen has been a non-traditional pharmaceutical company. Its main areas of interest are: 1) Helping its strategic partners that own proprietary technologies to find collaborators, licensing opportunities, and investors. 2) Identifying and incubating novel early-stage drug development platforms/programs using its internal funds.
Now that the construction for the new office building, equipped with brand new laboratories which are ideal for conducting independent life science research, is nearly completed, Protheragen is searching for talented and self-motivated scientists to fill the new space with innovative technologies and enthusiastic attitude.
Location: Ronkonkoma, New York
Salary: Base salary + Bonus (negotiable based on background and experience)
- Responsible for antibody screening and identification. Screen and discover therapeutic antibodies using phage display technology.
- Provide hands-on for monoclonal antibody production, with specific tasks including animal immunization, hybridoma cell culture, hybridoma fusion, monoclonal antibody screening, serum-free culture, etc.
- Assist in phage display library construction; perform bacterial and cell culture, expression, identification, and purification of prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems.
- Work with the project design team to complete assigned experiments with attention to detail, complete lab report timely with high accuracy.
- Assist in the routine maintenance and inventory of lab equipment, supplies, and reagents.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree within molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, or related field.
- Experienced with antibody purification, functional analysis, etc.
- Familiar with antibody phage display library and related technology. Candidate with related work experience is a plus.
- Experienced with molecular cloning techniques, such as primer design, PCR, DNA ligation and transformation, plasmid isolation, etc.
- Experienced with antibody gene sequencing, ability to use related software for sequence analysis and comparison.
- Excellent English communication skills, ability to read, write, and verbally report experiment results in English.
- Able to work well in a team environment, diligent, practical, and with a high sense of responsibility.
Please submit your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you saw this JD on the SAPA website.