With over 3,000 customer-centric employees, operations and commercial offices across the US, EU and China, Porton Pharma Solutions provides global pharmaceutical companies with innovative, reliable and end-to-end process R&D and manufacturing services across small molecule APIs, dosage forms and biologics.
Our Process Technology Centers and USFDA/EMA/PDMA/NMPA/WHO-inspected Manufacturing Facilities feature state-of-the-art equipment, highly flexible cGMP-compliant production assets, plus over 700 highly skilled scientists and process engineers, all backed by a proven program management system dedicated to seamlessly delivering successful outcomes for your unique project requirements.
We are committed to be the most open, innovative and reliable pharmaceutical service platform in the world and Enabling public’s early access to good medicines. We constantly strive for excellence, and have been recognized through awards by industry forums and global pharmaceutical companies for our process innovation, supply chain performance and compliance with global Quality and EHS standards. By efficiently advancing development and enabling commercialization of multiple high-impact medicines, Porton is proud to have earned the trust of some of the world’s leading and most innovative pharmaceutical companies and many biotechnology companies across the US, EU and Asia.
Drug Product CDMO：DDS.email@example.com
Gene&Cell Therapy CDMO：BD.SZ@portonbio.com
R&D Executive Director
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Location: Chongqing, CN
- Objectives Settings and Executions
Define the business objectives of the R&D center and ensure the timely and high-quality executions of those objectives to support the completion of objectives of the whole R&D organization.
- Inquiry/Proposal Management
Actively Provide adequate technical insights into the interpretation of the RFPs and ensure the preparation and delivery high-quality proposals for the inquiries from the clients to maximize the rates of winning the bids.
- Project Management
1) Responsible for the smooth executions of all the projects in the department, either in the development phase and in the plant scale-up phase.
2) Could act as a Single Point of Contact for particular client accounts, to ensure the smooth communications on the technical aspects and achieve smooth deliveries.
3) Perform Lesson/Learn sessions upon the completion of projects, to actively identify the gaps in project executions as a living activity for continuous improvement.
- People Management
1) Manage a team of ~80 process development chemists.
2) Set up the talent management system of the department.
3) Provide/coordinate adequate trainings to the team members to constantly improve the technical excellence of the team.
4) Arrange appropriate team building activities to achieve a reasonable turnover rate.
5) Implement the corporate performance measurement procedures and pro-actively promote the continuous improvement in team performance.
- Budget Control
Propose the annual budget plan and monitor its usage after approval for a good control within the budget quota.
- D. Degree.
- Organic Chemistry, Bio-organic Chemistry.
- 8+ years of API development experience in Big Pharma, Biotech companies or top CDMOs.
- 5+ years of people management experience, managing at least over 50+ team members.
- Mastery of up-to-date synthetic organic chemistry knowledge and phase appropriate chemical process development, and technological transfers, with good understanding of GMP concepts, process analytical techniques, production operations and plant equipment, etc..
- Understanding and mastery of QbD concepts and regulatory affairs will be a big plus.
- Excellent coordination, project management, interpersonal and business communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.