Job Title: R&D Director, Biotechnology
Protheragen has been a non-traditional pharmaceutical company. Its main areas of interest are: 1) Helping its strategic partners that own proprietary technologies to find collaborators, licensing opportunities, and investors. 2) Identifying and incubating novel early-stage drug development platforms/programs using its internal funds.
Now that the construction for the new office building, equipped with brand new laboratories which are ideal for conducting independent life science research, is nearly completed, Protheragen is searching for talented and self-motivated scientists to fill the new space with innovative technologies and enthusiastic attitude.
Location: Ronkonkoma, New York
Salary: Base salary + Bonus (negotiable based on background and experience)
- Responsible for establishing the platform of large molecule biologics (recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, etc.) and their daily maintenance.
- Formulate program development plans, manage the R&D progress, resolve key problems that occurred during the progress, and ensure the scientificity of the project operation.
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve the quality management system to ensure its efficiency.
- Quickly learn new technologies, processes, and trends from the biomedical drug development field and apply to the building of company’s new R&D platform.
- Assist the Business Development team in communicating with clients. Work with clients or other third parties for any potential audits.
- Responsible for providing training to, organizing, and managing the team.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, and pharmacology or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in large pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. or Europe. Familiar with new development and technologies in the field of biomedicine. Experience in project development and team management preferred.
- Proficient in molecular biology, cell theory, and experimental technology. Familiar with the whole process of protein antibody drug development, directed evolution of proteins, protein mutation, rational protein design, etc.
- Strong ability in interpersonal communication, organization, and team management.
Please submit your resume and CV to email@example.com and mention that you saw this JD on the SAPA website.