Website GenScript Biotech Corporation
GenScript Biotech Corporation (Stock Code: 1548.HK) is a global biotechnology group. Founded in 2002, GenScript has an established global presence across North America, Europe, the Greater China, and Asia Pacific. GenScript’s businesses encompass four major categories based on its leading gene synthesis technology, including operation as a Life Science CRO, enzyme and synthetic biology products, biologics development and manufacturing, and cell therapy.
GenScript is committed to striving towards its vision of being the most reliable biotech company in the world to make humans and nature healthier through biotechnology.
· GenScript Career page link: GENSCRIPT USA INCORPORATED – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
· If you are interested in Join GenScript China site, please click this link: 人才招聘 (genscript.com.cn)
Principal Scientist, Nucleic Acid Chemist
Work Location: Redmond, WA
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
Reports to: VP, R&D
Direct Reports (#/level): N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
We are seeking an experienced Scientist with a multi-disciplinary background, specifically in the areas of oligonucleotide synthesis, surface functionalization, organic/bioorganic synthesis and molecular biology. Successful candidates may also have knowledge and experience with biosensors, electrochemistry, nucleic acid chemistry and molecular diagnostics. This position will involve research and collaboration with scientists and engineers improving GenScript’s proprietary semiconductor DNA synthesis technology and developing various diagnostic assays and applications
- Develop surface functionalization for metal and non-metal surfaces for solid phaseoligonucleotide synthesis
- Select and employ analytical techniques for surface characterization
- Explore methods toward enhancing surface stability and functional loading
- Develop characterization methodologies to analyze electrochemically synthesized oligonucleotide microarrays and pools
- Contribute knowledge and expertise in the field of nucleic acid chemistry, specifically phosphoramidite based oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of electrochemical detritylation techniques.
- Contribute to the optimization of all aspects of CustomArray’s array based oligonucleotide synthesis platform
- Develop electrochemical detection assays over oligonucleotide microarray
- Resolve technical problems through experiment design and execution
- Technology transfer to the production team and support as needed for process improvement or troubleshooting experiments in development projects.
- Work independently in a cross-functional team to propose, design, plan, operate, and perform
- Mentor and train other team members
- Perform statistical data analysis and present the results
Experiences & Skills
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials, Surface science, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related biomedical field with a minimum of 6 year experience in pharmaceutical companies, biotech or related industries
- Industrial track record of success in product or assay development
- Knowledgeable in electrochemistry and experience with electrochemical detection is preferred
- Experience with nucleoside, nucleotide, and solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis
- Experience with surface chemistry
- Good molecular biology laboratory skills. Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, array-based hybridization assays, and NGS
- Experience in a design-controlled, quality-systems driven environment including familiarity with FDA and ISO 13485 regulations
- Familiarity with fluidic handling instrumentation a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and pursuit of successful collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary team
- Demonstration of goal-oriented, hands-on and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent documentation practices. Able to prepare documents including data summaries, technical, analytical, and scientific reports, and transfer the procedures to manufacturing.
- Self-motivated and passionate.
GenScript USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.