Website Eternity Bioscience, Inc.
Eternity Bioscience, Inc. (EBI) is the R&D center founded in 2009 by Hengrui Medicine as its subsidiary in Cranbury, New Jersey. EBI research is focusing on the discovery of innovative therapeutics for oncology, immunology, and other diseases. By coupling the biological insights determined from the targets selection with structure-guided small molecule design, EBI scientist rapidly advance the small molecule leads to clinical drug candidates. Hengrui Medicine ranks as one of the top 30 Pharmaceutical companies worldwide and employs more than 21,000 employees with currently close to 70-billion-dollars market value. Over 3200 research scientists work in ten research centers around the globe. As Hengrui’s New Jersey R&D center, EBI’s mission is to deliver innovative first-in-class and/or best-in-class drug candidates for unmet medical needs.
Principal Investigator/Senior Principal Investigator– PhD Biology
Location: Cranbury, NJ 08512
The role is a biology senior scientist position in the biology department of Eternity Bioscience Inc. located in Cranbury, NJ. Eternity Bioscience is seeking a highly motivated and innovative PhD biologist who demonstrates a strong understanding of oncology and immunology biology targets. The individual will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing in vitro assay approaches to investigate this class of targets. This person will lead new drug discovery programs, align with company priorities and strategies, coordinate drug discovery research with internal and external partners, and deliver high quality preclinical candidates for therapeutic development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate scientific leadership and technical expertise.
- Have robust rapid evidence-based decision making skills; champion new initiatives, and drive innovation.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing potency, selectivity, and mechanistic assays to characterize diverse targets and mechanism of actions, using sophisticated experimental methods.
- Possess excellent communication skills to present results, interpret project impact, and recommend next steps to project teams.
- Drive scientific innovation, and champion new enabling technologies to enhance functional capability and productivity.
- Collaborate extensively across the research laboratory network and with external partners to drive project progression toward key milestones.
- Manage, mentor and train junior scientists and maintain a high level of integrity and adherence to professional values and practices.
- PhD in relevant areas of biology with strong background in oncology or immunology including demonstrated experience and publications
- A minimum of 5+ years post-doctoral training and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Laboratory-based role requires strong experimental skills on in vitro assay set up and in vivo assay design
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate research results in oral presentations and publications
- Ability to develop new research directions
- Contribute effectively in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Eternity Bioscience Inc. is a well-funded biotech company, we pay market competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, such as medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick/personal leave, flexible work hours, 401(K) matching, and a performance-based annual bonus.