Website GenScript Biotech Corporation
GenScript Biotech Corporation (Stock Code: 1548.HK) is a global biotechnology group. Founded in 2002, GenScript has an established global presence across North America, Europe, the Greater China, and Asia Pacific. GenScript’s businesses encompass four major categories based on its leading gene synthesis technology, including operation as a Life Science CRO, enzyme and synthetic biology products, biologics development and manufacturing, and cell therapy.
GenScript is committed to striving towards its vision of being the most reliable biotech company in the world to make humans and nature healthier through biotechnology.
· GenScript Career page link: GENSCRIPT USA INCORPORATED – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
· If you are interested in Join GenScript China site, please click this link: 人才招聘 (genscript.com.cn)
Field Application Scientist, Gene and Cell Therapy/Vaccine Development
Work Location: Remote (Near major city airport is preferred: Boston/NYC/San Francisco, etc)
Travel Requirement: Up to 30%
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
Reports to: Head of North America Sales & Tech Support, Reagent Services
Direct Reports (#/level): N/A
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) will focus on supporting Sales processes as an integral member of GenScript’s North Amercian Sales team. This position is responsible for supporting sales of GenScript’s integrated services and/or solutions for gene and cell therapy, and vaccine development related applications.
The FAS will have deep understanding of the requirements in industrial applications, enabling 2 them to build strong relationships with key customers, understanding their requirement and being able to propose solution during on site visit.
The FAS will be expected to support customers and Sales in a wide range of tasks as part of an integrated Sales team. These activities include providing expert advice and application support to Customers, responding to Customers technical/process questions, presenting technical material, planning and executing Sales demonstrations, and establishing collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Provide pre and post-sales technical support to customers and sales teams on antibody/protein engineering, pathway engineering and synthetic biology related services and project workflows
- Organize and deliver technical presentations, service demonstrations, site visits, follow-up, and Sales technical training.
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues and add value to customers by identifying continuous improvement opportunities in their R&D and manufacturing processes.
- Complete and regular updating of CRM with all Customer and field activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Sales team, as well as the global product managers, project management, production and R&D teams
- Collect customer and market feedback from the field and channel it to internal team and relevant departments
- Collaborate with colleagues from the cross-departmental life sciences team to identify and develop complete solutions for customers
Experiences & Skills
- Master’s Degree or above in life science or biology, with hands on laboratory experience required
- 2 years of Technical Support or FAS experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the life science reagent market with an emphasis on one or more of the following: gene therapy, cell therapy, vaccine development
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to operate effectively and succeed in an international business environment
- Ability to operate effectively and succeed in highly matrixed cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
GenScript USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.