Website HengRui USA
HengRui USA is the US hub for our parent company Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine (600276 SHA), a global pharmaceutical company with around $90 Billion market value, $3.6 Billion annual revenue (data by 2019) and over 30,000 employees globally. The product line includes antineoplastic drugs, angiomyocardiac drugs, surgical drugs, contrast agents and antibiotics. The pipeline across different therapeutic areas such as oncology, autoimmune, pain management, metabolics etc.
In HengRui USA, we recognize, appreciate, and reward our team’s contributions; we emphasize our people’s well-being. We want you to feel empowered to do your best work, in a place where you are respected, engaged, fulfilled, and developing!
Director, Finance – R&D (US/EU)
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to (Title): Chief Financial Officer of Hengrui USA / Europe
Job Summary: The incumbent will act as a business partner to the US & EU R&D organization providing accounting and reporting, financial analysis, and strategic and tactical decision-making support. He/She will partner closely with R&D teams to infuse financial perspectives into research & development activities. The Director, R&D Accounting will interface regularly with executive management, finance team and other stakeholders to continuously advance the Company’s strategic and tactical decision-making process. The successful candidate will be an influential and collaborative finance professional who leads beyond the role and effectively interacts at all levels of the organization.
- Lead US and EU R&D month-end closing & reporting activities including study costing, cost center tracking and preparation of monthly KPI scorecards.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across the organization and various geographies to evaluate the R&D strategic investments.
- Review study activities with department heads and ensure spend accruals are in-line with progress and spend rate.
- Identify process improvements to streamline month-end close and other activities to decrease time and complexity of tasks.
- Analyze R&D actual spending vs. budget and forecast on a cost center basis to ensure forecasts are met.
- Prepare projections related to overall R&D portfolio optimization.
- Participate in R&D leadership team meetings and present financial results to key management.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- CPA or MBA is a Plus
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in financial analysis, planning or reporting role within pharmaceutical or biotech industry; with at least the last 3 years in a clinical development support role.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to interact in cross functional teams and with Sr. Management
- Previous managerial experience with the ability to build out a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Excel, V Lookup, Pivot tables etc)
- ERP/BI System experience is a plus
- Ability to synthesize data and present to executive leadership
- Ability to work in the details, while appreciating the overall strategic picture
- Results driven and process oriented
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Effectively prioritize workload and complete tasks promptly and accurately
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability