Website GenScript Biotech Corporation
GenScript Biotech Corporation (Stock Code: 1548.HK) is a global biotechnology group. Founded in 2002, GenScript has an established global presence across North America, Europe, the Greater China, and Asia Pacific. GenScript’s businesses encompass four major categories based on its leading gene synthesis technology, including operation as a Life Science CRO, enzyme and synthetic biology products, biologics development and manufacturing, and cell therapy.
GenScript is committed to striving towards its vision of being the most reliable biotech company in the world to make humans and nature healthier through biotechnology.
· GenScript Career page link: GENSCRIPT USA INCORPORATED – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
· If you are interested in Join GenScript China site, please click this link: 人才招聘 (genscript.com.cn)
Associate Director of Business Development – Gene and Cell Therapy
Work Location: West and East Coast (near a large international airport)
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
Reports to: VP, Strategic Marketing
Direct Reports (#/level): N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
The Business Development Group is charged with creating new high value opportunities by engaging with senior decision makers in Pharma and Biotech organizations to bring GenScript technologies and expertise into their daily research and development workflow. Specific knowledge about the GCT market trends, emerging issues, competitive capabilities and possible solutions will be required in this role. These may be larger contracted mediated deals so contract negotiation skills are necessary. In this role, a successful (Associate) Director of Business Development will work closely with the GenScript Sales, Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, and the Legal team to create solution to address customer’s issues.
- Work closely with stakeholders within the R&D, Marketing, Sales, Business units, Legal and Corporate Development groups to understand and identify new opportunities in the designated GCT customer segment.
- Attend GCT specific trade shows and engage with KOL’s to identify new business opportunities, create solutions form existing internal capabilities and bring solution to customers.
- Partner with sales team to educate them as needed about all stages of the GCT sales cycle and evaluate their sales skills so they can eventually work independently on GCT opportunities.
- Create and present technical presentations about the GCT portfolio and address technical questions with solid scientific data to handle objections.
- Work across business units and collaborate with other divisions to present complete solutions addressing a range of customer needs.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in biotech/pharma industry, with an emphasis on sales, marketing, and/or business development.
- Master’s Degrees in Biology or a Life Science is required. A background and a doctoral degree in life science and MBA are strongly preferred.
- Experience in the cell and gene therapy area, bioscience technologies and/or antibody discovery and engineering is a plus.
- A demonstrated track record of producing new deals and successfully concludingnegotiated contracts.
- Must have strong technical and business acumen with the ability to evaluate technology and a deep understanding of customers’ needs.
- Robust understanding of basic life science research, drug development, global regulatory processes, and lifecycle management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey keybrecommendations using MS Power Point, Excel, Word and other presentation tools.
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with senior management and capable ofbaccessing and influencing senior decision makers in BioTech and Pharma companies.
GenScript USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.