Job Title: Accountant (based on US GAAP)
Protheragen has been a non-traditional pharmaceutical company. Its main areas of interest are: 1) Helping its strategic partners that own proprietary technologies to find collaborators, licensing opportunities, and investors. 2) Identifying and incubating novel early stage drug development platforms/programs using its internal funds.
Now that the construction for the new office building, equipped with brand new laboratories which are ideal for conducting independent life science research, is nearly completed, Protheragen is searching for talented and self-motivated scientists to fill the new space with innovative technologies and enthusiastic attitude.
Location: Ronkonkoma, New York
Salary: Base salary + Bonus (negotiable based on background and experience)
- Professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Government Financial Manager is preferred.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e., GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll budgets and projections.
- Maintain general ledger, financial records, and day to day financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly reports and remit payments for 401k and Insurance.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance. Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests.
- Responsible for researching, registering and compliance for all state and local tax requirements.
- Completing regular (quarterly and annual) tax reports. Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals. Research nexus requirements and compile sales tax/use tax information and prepare tax returns if necessary.
- Assist with annual external accounting review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experienced with accounting software.
- Possess a “doer” mentality. Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office products, including above average proficiency in Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and adaptable to dynamic situations.
- Team player is a must. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization.
Please submit your resume and CV to email@example.com and mention that you saw this JD on the SAPA website.