Department: Global Communication
Position: Graphic Designer
SAPA Communication Department is the voice channel of SAPA headquarters and all chapters, and is an indispensable core function for the operation of SAPA organization. The Communication Department is responsible for the promotion, reporting, interviews and news releases of all activities. We own multiple media platforms such as WeChat official account, website, Email, LinkedIn, Newsletter etc. It is committed to producing the highest quality content, providing the most timely SAPA and industry updates, so as to enhance SAPA’s influence and business value, and serve SAPA’s mission: To enhance the science, education, collaboration and career advancement in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. The SAPA Communication Department is recruiting talents with passion to join the group as a Graphic Designer.
This position will be part of the designer team and will work on designing the SAPA branding/signature promotional documents, for example, event flyers, brochures, and newsletters with provided event information from the event communication team with artistic taste in a timely manner through collaboration with event organizing committees.
- Design and create event flyers, promotion brochures, newsletters, name tags, speaker tent cards, waivers, etc.
- Work in cross-functional collaborative environment to support the workflow of event promotion and news release
- Opportunity to work with and learn from professional designers on short-term/long-term projects
- Eligible candidate must be an active SAPA member or willing to become an active SAPA member upon joining
- Willing to learn and keep learning
- Responsible and responsive to complete assignment timely and reliably
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Independence and leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working in cross-functional matrix team
- Prior experience of art design, Adobe InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop/Canva or other professional design software
- Multitasking and time management skills
Pre-event and Post-event:
- 3-5 hours per week for a period of 1 month for the event project assigned
- The work can be divided among multiple volunteers
- Varies depending on projects, allowing flexibility of timing as long as the tasks are delivered
In addition to the general volunteer benefits:
- Learn skills including but not limited to graphic design
- Participate in large professional event planning and publicity, accumulate experience in cross-functional teamwork, and exercise leadership and other soft skills
- Closely follow up the preparation process of the event in SAPA in real time, and get the latest news of the companies, people, events, and career development opportunities you are interested in at the earliest time
- Leadership opportunity to accomplish a project with other volunteers.