Welcome to the
2022 SAPA Career Development Workshop (SAPA CDW)
For Students and Young Professionals
- As a student pursuing advanced degrees and ready to graduate, starting to seek the first job opportunity, one often stands at the career crossroad on which areas to jump in. The pharmaceutical industry and biotechnology present alluring prospects but what really entails the competency and career ladders? What can you do to truly make the big break?
- Or maybe you are a young professional already entered the industry for a few years and the honeymoon periods seem to be over. Minds wander again and are ready to move higher or do something different. But what opportunities are available?
- No matter what your situation is, the planning committee of the SAPA-CDW team put together a fantastic program and welcome you to join us to deep dive into these questions and take a peek at the pharma industry and the biotech companies. Connecting with the experienced executives and hearing the real experiences from the young professional peers themselves, we will focus on the truly hot topics that were asked the most.
Take a peek is free, and the impact is invaluable. Join us online and see you on March 26th, 2022.
Program at a Glance
Opening Remarks by the Workshop Co-Chairs
SAPA and Events Introduction
Session A. Overview of Pharma & Biotech Industry
Session B. Hot Debate: Choice and Possibilities
Sponsor Promo, Coffee Break, and Network
Session C. Keep Dreaming, Keep Learning, Keep Moving
Session D. Career Transition and Setup for Future Success
Parallel Breakout Sessions
a) Research, Discovery Sciences and Translational Medicines
Benefits of this Workshop
- A mock interview is an emulation of a job interview used for training purposes. The conversational exercise usually resembles a real interview as closely as possible, for the purpose of providing an experience for a candidate.
- As part of this career development workshop program, we are glad to offer several opportunities for mock interview sessions to the interested participants. Please enter your name and contact information, and we will match up with the panelist(s) and notify you at a later date and time.
In-Person Gathering Networking Happy Hours
With the pandemic situation continuing to improve recently due to vaccination, immunity, and readily available testing, states, and local health authorities continue to relax COVID-19 safety protocols where it is safe and appropriate to do so and we are gradually returning to normalcy. It has been encouraging to see people finding a new rhythm and engaging with colleagues in-person again. we hope that we will be able to meet again for in-person networking gatherings in different locations. Face-to-face interaction is important and can have a powerful and positive impact on collaboration, strengthening the existing relationships and forging new connections.
The safety of our SAPA volunteers and friends as well as the event participants will always remain the top priority. We will continue to closely monitor the situation evolvement and may decide to cancel some or all the in-person sessions when needed based on the local situation. So please be vigilant and flexible when making travel plans.
To register, please fill out the form. Space may be limited and first-come-first-served.
- Central New Jersey: March 27, 2022, 12pm
- Washington, DC and/or Baltimore: March 27, 2022, 5:30pm
- Philadelphia: April 27, 2022, 12pm
- New Haven, CT: April 3, 2022, time and place to be announced
Please come back to this event page and check for more details on the date, time, and location.
We sincerely thank the following sponsors for supporting our events.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact SAPA Fundraising Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Looking forward to seeing you at the event!
- The event is complimentary.
- If you are a SAPA member and have an account, please log in to enjoy the free event.
- If you have a Promo Code for registration, please use the code at the cart. The price should automatically adjust to $0.
- Once you register successfully, you should receive a confirmation with a centralized page link. It is very important for you to keep the email accessible to attend the event.
- If you do not receive the email within a day, please contact us if you have any questions: email@example.com.